Starting a business
At Jones Harris, we have decades of experience of helping our clients to launch successful new businesses. Whether you’re considering your first go-it-alone venture or whether you’re an experienced serial entrepreneur, you’ll find an initial discussion with one of our directors thoroughly worthwhile.
If you’ve never run a small business before, you’ll find there’s an almost bewildering array of decisions to be made. Each and every one of them can have a profound bearing on the future of your enterprise, so it’s important to take advantage of the best advice you can get. As award-winning accountants with more than 40 years of history, we’re better placed than most to help you make all the right decisions.
Starting up: making the right decisions
When you embark on your new venture, it’s essential that you set off in the right direction – properly prepared and with the right strategy in mind. We can help you understand:
- How to prepare a practical business plan – and why it matters
- The best vehicle for your business – e.g. sole trader, partnership, limited company etc.
- The company registration process
- Your statutory legal obligations – tax deadlines and payments, workplace pensions etc.
- Company secretarial issues – formal paperwork, registered office etc.
- What business banking support you’ll need (if any)
- How to deal effectively and efficiently with HMRC
- What records you’ll need to keep
- Basic accounting principles – such as eligible expenses
- The most tax-efficient approach to vehicle ownership
- Whether you can benefit from special allowances – Patent Box etc.
- How and when to seek appropriate finance for growth
- How to monitor your company’s performance and how to keep in on track
Preparing for success:
Besides helping you get the basics right, we’re also highly adept at evaluating your plans, sounding out ideas and generally supporting you in the development of a viable strategy for growth.
From Jones Harris you can expect:
- Clear advice about vital issues and processes
- Proactive advice about profitability, cost-saving opportunities and tax
- Ready access to vital data such as cash flow, sales and expenses
- Active management of your statutory deadlines and submissions
- Free business introductions and networking support
- Free use of our meeting and training rooms
- Ongoing support for your business as it expands and evolves
- Signposting to other reliable sources of expertise – finance, legal, marketing etc.
- The opportunity to access your data online at any time via cloud accounting software
- The opportunity to free your own time by outsourcing routine accounting functions
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Free, unlimited telephone / email support
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data