Selling a business
For some people, selling a business is a simple matter of numbers. For others, it can be an emotional wrench – a time when something that has absorbed years of effort and commitment finally passes into somebody else’s hands. People react differently to the process but one thing never changes: anyone selling a business will want to secure the best possible deal.
At Jones Harris, we can add real value to this process by providing expert support to the business vendor. Before any deal is proposed, we can talk through the issues and ensure that it’s consistent with your personal and commercial objectives. Sometimes, despite initial perceptions, the sale of a company is not your best or only option.
Assuming that you do decide to go ahead, then we can also help by giving you and potential buyers all the information you need. We can prepare audited accounts and an interpretation of what they’re showing. We can help you evaluate ‘intangibles’ such as customer goodwill, and put a price on valuable commodities such as intellectual property. In short, we can help you show on paper everything that’s good and valuable about your business.
By allowing potential buyers to appreciate the full scope of the deal, we’ll ensure that you’ll never undersell yourself and that you can conclude the sale without any regrets.
From Jones Harris you can expect:
- Clear, impartial, common sense advice
- Advice about the terms of any sales agreement
- Clearly presented accounts and other financial data
- Well reasoned sales and profit projections
- Free industry benchmark comparisons
- Active support with due diligence
- Active support in your preparations and discussions
- All paperwork to be completed properly, ethically and professionally
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Free, unlimited telephone / email support
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data