The list of countries adversely affected by coronavirus changes all the time. Here’s some direction for employers where staff will be self isolating on return from a holiday.
Self Isolating on Return from a Holiday
A person’s employment rights will depend on their employment status and specific circumstances. Please check the Guidance on returning to the UK.
- Where possible people should work from home during their self-isolation period. Employees should talk to their employer about working from home before they travel.
- Employees can agree with their employer to take leave to cover the period of their self-isolation, providing they have enough leave remaining.
- Employers can also tell employees to take leave as long as they give them enough notice.
- Employees may be able to take unpaid leave if they’re forced to travel to deal with an emergency involving a family member or dependent.
- Employees who are out of the country when a quarantine is announced should talk to their employer as soon as possible to discuss options.
Keep in touch
Make sure that you’re following our website and sign up for the Jones Harris enewsletter here