VAT registered businesses now have to submit their quarterly VAT returns online, using suitable software. Jones Harris is helping you with Making Tax Digital, by offering a short training session to demystify it.
Helping you with Making Tax Digital
Here at Jones Harris we’ve invested in our VAT Specialists and Bookkeepers to enable them to help you to understand Making Tax Digital.
With their specific, meaningful, appropriate, timely and effective training, you’ll be able to deliver your VAT returns to HMRC on time.
Take advantage of our Two Hour Training Session
For an introductory price of just £175 + vat, this session will help you to get the basics right.
Checking the Basics
- Set up your online accounting software platform
- Populate your platform with initial information. For example, company details and common transactions (eg cost of sales, telephone, postage, travel costs etc)
- Provide you with log-in details
- Introduce you to the functions which are available in your platform
Carrying out Regular Transactions
Once your account is up and running you’ll then be shown how to use your platform to carry out daily tasks, with an explanation of:
- How to input customer details
- Adding details of your staff members
- How to generate invoices
- Inputting costs and expenses
- How to make manual inputs
Less Frequent Accounting Tasks
From time to time you’ll need to carry out other tasks, make corrections, reconcile accounts etc. You’ll also learn:
- How your platform works (ie what it does with the data which you input)
- About making corrections – for example if a transaction gets duplicated. Or maybe a payment doesn’t match an invoice, or a VAT period isn’t presented.
- How to reconcile transactions to add them to your ‘accounts’
And of course, the VAT…
- Understand which VAT categories to allocate
- How to view statements such as VAT submissions (or balance sheet etc)
- How to submit a VAT return
What to do if things go wrong!
This training session has been specially developed by the team at Jones Harris. It’s suitable for anyone who’s completely new to online accounting software, or anyone who wants some extra support.
Get the latest updates
Make sure that you’re following our website and sign up for the Jones Harris enewsletter here