First Steps to Export is designed to enable potential exporters to trade overseas, it’s a project of the Department for International Trade, delivered by the North West International Trade Team from their offices in Manchester.
First Steps to Export offers a package of support for potential exporters, with the aim of highlighting the opportunities and to provide guidance through the initial steps into selling overseas.
The services are free for North West based small and medium businesses, but are limited to those who haven’t exported previously (or within the last 12 months) or who have no proper plans in place to support exporting.
The programme is perfect for businesses who can see that they have a potential export market but don’t know how to go about exploiting it. The programme covers:
- An initial review with an experienced International Trade Adviser, the preparation of an initial export plan and dedicated support for up to six months to guide you into export;
- An introductory half day workshop to give you the confidence and tools to export. The workshop focuses on the key issues which prevent companies from considering exports and how these issues can be addressed and overcome;
- A series of export masterclasses to help you grow your knowledge and understanding of key issues in the exporting process, including:
– Finding and managing Agents and Distributors;
– International Communication – Language and Culture;
– A practical introduction to export market research;
– E-Exporting and e-commerce;
– Protecting your IP, patents, copyright, design rights and trademarks;
– Payments and currency issues.
For more information or to speak to a local Adviser contact: T: 0333 3200392 E: email@example.com – and please mention that you saw it here.
Get the latest updates
Make sure that you’re following our website and sign up for the Jones Harris enewsletter here