Care sector accountancy
In the face of an ageing population, the care sector is bound to grow over the coming years. The big challenge facing care home owners and operators is how to ensure a high quality of care while also achieving profits and commercial sustainability.
Jones Harris has an excellent record of helping care homes to balance these important priorities. We understand the kind of costs you contend with, the statutory obligations you face and – crucially – we’re also very good at identifying opportunities to reduce your costs and tax liabilities.
If you operate a care home, you can enjoy many important benefits by working with us:
- Unlimited tax advice and strategic input, whenever you need it
- Identification of all eligible expenses and allowances (e.g. Embedded Capital Allowances)
- Help with recording and processing regular payments from local authorities
- Clear advice and analysis regarding costs and occupancy rates
- Ready access to management accounts
- Identification of cost saving opportunities through business benchmarking
- Advice about employment status and the use of agency workers
- Support with payroll and auto-enrolment
- The option of a full outsourced accounting solution
- Advice about exit strategy and succession planning
- Access to associates with expertise in care fee planning
Outsourcing payroll and other functions:
In an industry in which staff remuneration can easily account for 60% of all costs, managing payroll can be a particularly onerous and time-consuming task. It’s therefore one that many clients choose to delegate to us, leaving them free to concentrate on operational matters. We understand the processes involved in employing agency workers, temporary staff and family members, and we can manage all associated issues such as PAYE, auto-enrolment and record-keeping.
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Telephone / email support available
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data