Capital gains tax

If you’re self-employed, a sole trader or working as part of a business partnership, Capital Gains Tax is payable whenever you sell one or more assets. What constitutes an asset will vary from one business type to the next, but examples might include:

  • A company
  • Business vehicles
  • Intellectual property
  • Land and/or property
  • Plant and machinery
  • Stocks and shares

Note that Capital Gains Tax is not paid by limited companies, which are normally subject to Corporation Tax instead.

For some types of enterprise – such as buy-to-let property investment – Capital Gains Tax can be a particular concern, so working out the best ways of minimising your exposure will be an important part of your business plan.

In all cases, our directors – backed by an experienced team of tax planning specialists – will help you develop the best possible strategy for keeping your business operating legally and in the most tax-efficient manner. We can help with company disposals, the sale of shares and many other important decisions, so before committing to any significant deal, why not talk to us for some free no-nonsense advice?

It costs nothing to talk, and getting the right advice can be invaluable.

For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.

    Privacy Policy

    The Jones Harris Difference
    • A personal, dedicated contact
    • Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
    • Telephone / email support available
    • Proactive tax advice and analysis
    • Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
    • A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
    • Active business network introductions
    • Secure client web-space for document sharing
    • No need to email important/sensitive data
    Contact us