Auto-enrolment & workplace pensions
Auto-enrolment represents an important change in pension provision because it gives many workers an automatic entitlement to a workplace pension. Introduced on a phased basis, it means new obligations for employers.
In simple terms, the Pensions Act 2008 makes it compulsory for employers to enrol certain types of workers onto a company pension scheme. This must be done automatically, and the employer is obliged to pay money into the scheme in question. Auto-enrolment applies to all employers, regardless of their organisation’s size, their sector or the number of workers on their payroll.
At Jones Harris, we’ll help you understand your obligations and support you in putting appropriate measures in place.
In particular, we can:
- Advise you about the rules and timescales for implementation
- Advise you about workers’ pension eligibility
- Help you plan and introduce a appropriate pension scheme
- Assess the suitability of your existing payroll systems
- Make recommendations for updating your systems or software, as necessary
- Advise you about company and employee contributions
- Help you understand options such as salary exchange and flexible benefits
- Help you understand the contributions for different wage bands
- Explain how the changes might affect any existing company pension scheme
- Take responsibility for enrolling new staff onto the scheme
- Advise you about any necessary changes to employment contracts
- Maintaining ‘opt-out’ records
- Keep all necessary records and submit them as required by HMRC
- Make regular checks to ensure your continued legal compliance
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Free, unlimited telephone / email support
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data