Buying a business
Buying a business can be one of the most important choices you’ll ever make, so it’s important that you base your decision on good, solid information.
At Jones Harris, we can help you cut through the sales ‘hype’ and focus instead on the numbers that matter. Is the business really worth the asking price? How do you put a price on a company’s reputation or customer goodwill – and how do such qualities survive the transition to a new owner?
These are tricky questions and, since every company is different, there’s no single right answer. Arriving at an impartial analysis of a company’s value demands detailed scrutiny of a wide range of different considerations. Fortunately, that’s a role we’re very well equipped to perform and, over the last 40 or so years, we’ve helped countless clients to make reasoned decisions about potential acquisitions.
If you’re thinking about buying an existing business, or perhaps launching a new franchise, there are all kinds of ways in which we can help.
- Free strategic advice and analysis
- An objective third-party valuation
- A detailed review and interpretation of the company’s accounts
- Identification of potential problems
- Advice about the need for investment
- Identification of potential efficiency improvements
- Free industry benchmark comparisons
- Active support with due diligence
- Financial projections
- Information about grants and sources of appropriate finance
- Advice about the terms of any purchase agreement
- Advice about maximising your new commercial opportunities
For more details, or to arrange a free consultation, please contact us today.
- A personal, dedicated contact
- Free strategic advice on growth and profitability
- Free, unlimited telephone / email support
- Proactive tax advice and analysis
- Profitability checks via competitor benchmarking
- A steady flow of good money-saving ideas
- Active business network introductions
- Secure client web-space for document sharing
- No need to email important/sensitive data